Friday, December 10, 2010

IRLO Reflection

This project called for a lot of effort from me which it was designed to to by Dr. Boyer.  He wanted to test us and put us in a situation where we had to struggle a little before we could succeed which I feel was a great thing to do.  I want my students to have to work hard because I think challenging is good.  I felt that I was a hard assignment because first I had to come up with an idea that I could use to create an interactive reusable learning objective.  I also wanted to do something that dealt with things I might be teaching someday.  That was difficult but then it got even more difficult when I had to start designing it in scratch.  It got easier as I went because once I figured out how to do what I wanted I could just keep redoing it. 

I think that creating one of these IRLO is a good project because it challenges a student to do something different.  Never have I ever thought about programing my own game.  This program allowed me to do that.  I especially enjoyed being able to create something that dealt with my subject that I could be teaching someday.  I think that one day my students could use this in my classroom and get a lot out of it.  This game is really simple but I feel that it gets students to know their elements.  Plus I can always add to it and make changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment