Monday, December 20, 2010

Technology Inquiry Wiki Reflection

My Wiki Page...

While creating this Technology Inquiry Page I feel that I put a lot of effort into this assignment.  I believe that I spent more time on this task than any other task that we had in Educ 331.  This took a lot of time because you had to find information about this specific question and answer it.  I have never created a wiki page before so it was something new.  The screencast was also another task that we had to fulfill in the assignment.  That was also difficult because I believe that they are difficult to do.  I am not the most technological person and for this assignment I used about four different computers to make it work. 

The value of completing this course task I believe is pretty high.  I am now familiar with many different ways that I can use podcasts to facilitate learning in my subject area and in my future career as an educator.  I have learned from this class and other classes that it is great to have many different educational tools in your teacher tool box and I feel that podcasting now can be one of mine.  I found many great ideas and ways to use podcasts in my classroom.  I presented this information also in a very different way by creating a wiki site and making a screencast to go along with it.  There were many parts to this assignment and I feel it will help me in my future career. 

This course task impacts my future career because it allows me to have new ways of presenting information to my students.  Technology can be a very useful thing to use when you are teaching if you use it write.  That is why I want to learn the best ways to use certain technology so that I use it write in my future classroom.  I believe that students will want to learn from me if I am changing things up and using different ways of teaching.  As long as I can keep students engaged I believe that teaching and helping students learn will be a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment